- Property rental on an exclusive basis
- Utilities (gas, water, electricity), unless otherwise stated
- Towels and bed linen as standard
- Daily maid service
- A Property Owner Local Representative will arrange to meet you on your arrival
- Local taxes and administration charges
- Property’s own services – please check what additional services are provided as standard with a particular property (service can vary from property to property)
With extra charge:
- Pre-arrival shopping service. Simply tell us in advance what groceries you require and your Host will pre-stock the property accordingly (cost of groceries is in addition)
- Meals, beverages or sightseeing not specified above, gratuities for staff, personal expenses such as telephone/internet charges and laundry, cook, nanny, travel insurance, excess baggage charges, airfares or airport taxes, optional activities, anything not specifically included in the inclusions list, any Government levies or taxes introduced after the publication of the website, car rental or transportation to and from the property
- Note: Telephone, internet, fax are charged separately and will be payable locally on departure
- Origem will be happy to arrange further services, sightseeing and activities according to request. It is strongly recommended that any extra services are booked well in advance of your holiday to avoid disappointment. A minimum of 4 weeks is recommended. Please note that all additional services pre-booked and pre-paid are subject to 100% cancellation fees. The cost of any services that are booked in advance and to be paid locally must also be paid to the local suppliers in the event of Client cancellation. Any unpaid services will be charged from the credit card provided for the security deposit.
- While Origem has a policy not to recommend or endorse childcare or babysitting providers, we do understand that these are fundamental requirements that many of our Clients request when taking a holiday. As a result of safety and security concerns that all Clients have when sourcing childcare or babysitting providers, we prefer Clients to make themselves comfortable with and to carry out their own checks on such providers. What we are sometimes able to do is provide a list of childcare and babysitting providers in the area of the property. However, it is important that it is recognized and understood that we have not carried out any checks whatsoever, we do not recommend any baby sitting or childcare providers and we accept no liability for the use of any childcare and babysitting providers set out on any list we may provide. Clients may decide to enter into arrangements with the local staff at the property. Any such arrangements are made entirely at the Client’s discretion and Origem does not vet or check local staff for suitability for providing childcare and therefore cannot accept any responsibility or liability for such arrangements.
Minimum rental period
- During high season (New Year’s Eve), the minimum rental period for a property is ten nights. In high and low season, some villas may be rented for shorter stays. Please contact us for details. Minimum stay of three nights is required for each property.
Your Safety and protection
- The safety standards and regulations are those of Brazil. Please be careful when in unfamiliar buildings or surroundings, and get to know the escape route from your property in case of fire. The property may include “hazards” such as open staircases, unfenced areas, mezzanines, open drops etc. and it is imperative that your party take responsibility for their own safety.
- As with all rental properties in prime locations there may be a small risk of burglary. Where provided, please take advantage of burglar alarms and safes and take every precaution against theft and burglary. Any valuables left at the property are left at your own risk. Please note that in some property, surveillance cameras and security equipment may be installed inside and/or outside, which may have the capability to stream or record images and sound. If you have any concerns or issues with this, you must inform Origem Client Manager before your trip. Neither Origem nor the House Owner nor our Agents can take responsibility for any loss or damage.
- The majority of our properties have swimming pools, which are not manned. Please familiarize yourself thoroughly with the depth of the pool and how to get out, and exercise safety and caution at all times, especially with children, non-swimmers and if diving. Children and non-swimmers are your responsibility at all times.
Arrival & departure time
- To allow time for cleaning, we would ask you to arrive only between 4PM and 7PM on the first day of your stay, and to vacate the property by 11AM on the departure day unless otherwise specified. If your arrival is delayed please contact your Host immediately.
Telephone & Internet
- Telephone and internet arrangements vary from property to property and are sometimes metered (charges payable locally on departure). In some cases there is no landline telephone and due to the rural nature of many of our villas, cell telephone networks may be weak or non-existent. Your Property representative will provide further information on telephone usage at your villa.
- There may be occasions when internet service is interrupted and whilst every effort will be made to resume the service, please note that Origem cannot be held responsible for loss of internet access (or the consequences of loss of access) during your holiday.
- Pets are generally not permitted but please check with Origem team at time of booking.
- Please note that the majority of our properties are located in rural areas, where wildlife such as animals and insects are as natural as part of the landscape as the grass and the trees. It would not be particularly unusual to encounter animals or insects. Insects and animals can be attracted to swimming pools, nearby streams or ponds, local vegetation or sometimes food left out following an al fresco meal. Please note that Origem cannot be held accountable for the presence of animals or insects at the villa you choose. If you suffer allergies triggered by animals, please let us know before booking – whilst we cannot guarantee animals will not be present, we can recommend properties where the possibility is lessened (for example where we know that House Owners have not kept animals).
- We can arrange a lot of things at Origem, but sadly the weather is not one of them. Origem cannot be held accountable for adverse weather conditions or the consequences of adverse weather. No refunds will apply in the cases of no sunshine or other adverse weather conditions.
Booking terms & conditions
- Property rentals are operated by Origem, a trading name of Origem Intemedação de Negócios LTDA – Estrada Municipal Trancoso/Arrajal d’ Ajuda, Km.18 Stand de Venda Condominio Terravista Golf – CEP 45 818 -000 Trancoso – Porto Seguro – Bahia – Brasil which is registered in Brazil under company number 20 -297. 866/0001 – 13. The following conditions, together with the relevant information set out in our proposal, website and/or brochure, will form part of your contract with Origem. Please read them carefully before you book as they set out our respective rights and obligations and you will be bound by them